• About
  • Advertisements
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact
Friday, August 21, 2026
The Sikaman Times
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
No Result
View All Result

CJ dismisses petitions to remove EC Chair, deputies and Special Prosecutor

by The Sikaman Times
February 18, 2026
CJ dismisses petitions to remove EC Chair, deputies and Special Prosecutor
SharePostSendShareSend

The Chief Justice has determined that petitions seeking the removal of the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission, her Deputies and the Special Prosecutor do not establish a prima facie case to warrant further investigation, according to a statement from the Presidency.

In a release issued by the Presidency Communications Office, President John Dramani Mahama had earlier referred the petitions to the Chief Justice in line with constitutional and statutory requirements.

The statement said the President received seven petitions from various individuals and groups calling for the removal of the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission and her Deputies, as well as three petitions seeking the removal of the Special Prosecutor.

“Following the receipt of seven (7) petitions from various individuals and groups for the removal of the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission and her Deputies and three (3) petitions for the removal of the Special Prosecutor, President John Dramani Mahama, in accordance with Article 146 of the 1992 Constitution and Section 15 of the Office of the Special Prosecutor Act, 2017 (Act 959), referred same to His Lordship, Justice Paul Baffoe-Bonnie, Chief Justice, on 25th November 2025, to determine whether the petitions disclose a prima facie case,” the statement noted.

It added that in a letter dated January 26, 2026, Chief Justice Paul Baffoe-Bonnie informed the President that no prima facie case had been established.

“By a letter dated 26th January 2026, the Chief Justice informed His Excellency the President that no prima facie case has been established by the petitions to warrant any further investigations for the removal of the Electoral Commission Deputy Commissioners and the Special Prosecutor,” the statement said

Advertisement Advertisement
Tags: Featured
Share1Tweet1SendShareSend
Previous Post

Government settles GH¢10bn DDEP interest

Next Post

Explicit video case: Gov’t confirms Russian identity, engages INTERPOL

Related Posts

Mahama nominates three to Supreme Court, bench set to increase to 21
General

Supreme Court rejects Oppong Nkrumah bid to halt legal-vacation trials

August 21, 2026
Cocoa Marketing Company to introduce 24-hour programme to boost cocoa export efficiency
Business

Cocoa Marketing Company to introduce 24-hour programme to boost cocoa export efficiency

August 21, 2026
Mineworkers demand immediate release of over GH¢380m in locked-up funds
Business

Mineworkers demand immediate release of over GH¢380m in locked-up funds

August 20, 2026
Domestic Gold Purchase Programmes’s US$1.7bn loss and matters arising – Bright Kodua writes
Business

Domestic Gold Purchase Programmes’s US$1.7bn loss and matters arising – Bright Kodua writes

August 20, 2026
Oppong Nkrumah demands parliamentary briefing on IMF’s PCI programme
General

Supreme Court to rule on Oppong Nkrumah’s bid to halt legal vacation trials Friday

August 20, 2026
GES investigates alleged sexual assault of student at Bolgatanga Girls SHS
Education

GES investigates alleged sexual assault of student at Bolgatanga Girls SHS

August 20, 2026
Next Post
Sam George: 7 August action will protect Ghanaians from DStv monopoly

Explicit video case: Gov't confirms Russian identity, engages INTERPOL

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Producer Price Inflation declines to 23.1% in December 2024.

    Producer Price Inflation declines to 23.1% in December 2024.

    46 shares
    Share 18 Tweet 12
  • Cocoa Marketing Company to introduce 24-hour programme to boost cocoa export efficiency

    2 shares
    Share 1 Tweet 1
  • Police investigate journalist assault at EOCO during Wontumi arrest

    41 shares
    Share 16 Tweet 10
  • EXPLAINER: Why predicted rainfall may not always materialise

    13 shares
    Share 5 Tweet 3
  • Menzgold: 60% of customers ineligible for payment after validation

    28 shares
    Share 11 Tweet 7

Browse by Category

  • Africa
  • Ahafo
  • Art & Entertainment
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Ashanti
  • Aviation
  • Banking & Finance
  • Bono East
  • Brong Ahafo
  • Business
  • Business
  • Central
  • Communication
  • Culture
  • Eastern
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entrepreneurship & Local Business
  • Exclude
  • Features
  • General
  • Ghana
  • Greater Accra
  • Health
  • Health
  • International
  • International Trade
  • Lifestyle
  • Lifestyle
  • Media
  • National
  • News
  • North East
  • Northern
  • Oil & Gas
  • Oti
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Real Estate
  • Regional
  • Relationship
  • Relationship
  • Religion
  • Savannah
  • Social
  • Social
  • Sports
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Tourism & Hospitality
  • Trade
  • Transportation
  • Uncategorized
  • Upper East
  • Upper West
  • Volta
  • Western
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

QUICK LINKS

About

Privacy Policy

Terms Of Use

Advertisement

Contact

FOCUS

Ghana

Africa

International

CATEGORIES

General News

Business

Opinions

Politics

Technology

EXTRAS

Sports

Entertainment

Health & Wellness

STAY CONNECTED

Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Linkedin

© COPYRIGHT 2022-2026
The Sikaman Times