• About
  • Advertisements
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
The Sikaman Times
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
No Result
View All Result

Groupe Nduom contests claim GN Savings license won’t be restored

by The Sikaman Times
February 7, 2026
Groupe Nduom contests claim GN Savings license won’t be restored
SharePostSendShareSend

Groupe Nduom has rejected claims that the Bank of Ghana (BoG) has conclusively ruled out the restoration of the GN Bank licence, insisting that the matter remains before the courts and has not been determined by the Supreme Court.

In a press release issued on Friday, February 6, 2026, the group said its attention had been drawn to a publication by the Daily Graphic suggesting that the central bank had definitively closed the door on the licence restoration. Groupe Nduom described that claim as inaccurate and misleading.

According to the statement, the legal dispute over the former GN Bank, now GN Savings and Loans Company Limited, is currently pending before the Court of Appeal and is scheduled to be heard on February 10, 2026. The group stressed that no final judicial determination has been made on the substantive issues surrounding the revocation of the institution’s licence.

Groupe Nduom further disclosed that although the Bank of Ghana has been duly served with all appeal documents, it has yet to file a substantive response. It noted that the central bank only applied recently for an extension of time to respond to the appeal.

The group also clarified that the Supreme Court has not ruled on the revocation or restoration of the licence, contrary to claims attributed to the BoG. It said the apex court’s involvement in the matter was limited to an interlocutory issue on the jurisdiction of the High Court, which was decided in favour of the owners of GN Savings and Loans.

“Contrary to the publication by the Daily Graphic, the Supreme Court has not ruled on the revocation or restoration of the licence,” the statement said.

Groupe Nduom assured customers and the general public that it remains committed to safeguarding its legal rights and protecting the interests of depositors as the case progresses.

Background

GN Bank Limited was reclassified as a savings and loans company on January 4, 2019, and renamed GN Savings and Loans Company Limited. On August 16, 2019, the Bank of Ghana revoked the institution’s operating licence and appointed a receiver as part of the banking sector reforms introduced in 2018.

The owners of the institution subsequently filed a legal challenge at the High Court in Accra contesting the licence revocation. On January 24, 2024, the High Court ruled in favour of the Bank of Ghana.

An appeal against the High Court’s decision was filed at the Court of Appeal on January 29, 2024. The appeal remains pending and is scheduled for hearing on February 10, 2026.

Advertisement Advertisement
Tags: FeaturedGN Savings & LoansGroupe Nduom
Share2Tweet2SendShareSend
Previous Post

Parliament passes bill to establish 24-Hour Economy Authority

Next Post

Baba Jamal wins Ayawaso East NDC primary amid inducement allegations

Related Posts

New VAT regime takes hold as GRA implements Act 1151
Business

GRA to introduce pension-linked tax system for informal sector businesses

August 19, 2026
Gender, policy and fiscal reforms take center stage at 4th SWIT conference in Accra
Business

Gender, policy and fiscal reforms take center stage at 4th SWIT conference in Accra

August 19, 2026
Sammy Gyamfi challenges Afenyo-Markin to produce evidence of $1.7bn loss
Business

Sammy Gyamfi dares Minority to summon him to Parliament over loss claims

August 19, 2026
Sammy Gyamfi: Outrage as Ag. GOLDBOD CEO apologises for dollar handout to controversial evangelist
Business

GoldBod fees too small to explain $1.7bn loss – Sammy Gyamfi

August 19, 2026
Sammy Gyamfi challenges Afenyo-Markin to produce evidence of $1.7bn loss
Business

Sammy Gyamfi challenges Afenyo-Markin to produce evidence of $1.7bn loss

August 19, 2026
Wontumi’s bail bid put off to October 15 as judge stays away
General

Wontumi’s bail bid put off to October 15 as judge stays away

August 19, 2026
Next Post
Baba Jamal wins Ayawaso East NDC primary amid inducement allegations

Baba Jamal wins Ayawaso East NDC primary amid inducement allegations

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • We’re not negotiating; we’re executing the court’s explicit order – Nduom

    We’re not negotiating; we’re executing the court’s explicit order – Nduom

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • Menzgold: 60% of customers ineligible for payment after validation

    25 shares
    Share 10 Tweet 6
  • Government pays GH¢10.8bn DDEP coupon in full

    2 shares
    Share 1 Tweet 1
  • Police investigate journalist assault at EOCO during Wontumi arrest

    38 shares
    Share 15 Tweet 10
  • GRA eyes GH¢310 billion revenue by 2028 through informal sector reform

    2 shares
    Share 1 Tweet 1

Browse by Category

  • Africa
  • Ahafo
  • Art & Entertainment
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Ashanti
  • Aviation
  • Banking & Finance
  • Bono East
  • Brong Ahafo
  • Business
  • Business
  • Central
  • Communication
  • Culture
  • Eastern
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entrepreneurship & Local Business
  • Exclude
  • Features
  • General
  • Ghana
  • Greater Accra
  • Health
  • Health
  • International
  • International Trade
  • Lifestyle
  • Lifestyle
  • Media
  • National
  • News
  • North East
  • Northern
  • Oil & Gas
  • Oti
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Real Estate
  • Regional
  • Relationship
  • Relationship
  • Religion
  • Savannah
  • Social
  • Social
  • Sports
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Tourism & Hospitality
  • Trade
  • Transportation
  • Uncategorized
  • Upper East
  • Upper West
  • Volta
  • Western
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

QUICK LINKS

About

Privacy Policy

Terms Of Use

Advertisement

Contact

FOCUS

Ghana

Africa

International

CATEGORIES

General News

Business

Opinions

Politics

Technology

EXTRAS

Sports

Entertainment

Health & Wellness

STAY CONNECTED

Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Linkedin

© COPYRIGHT 2022-2026
The Sikaman Times