The Chief Justice has determined that petitions seeking the removal of the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission, her Deputies and the Special Prosecutor do not establish a prima facie case to warrant further investigation, according to a statement from the Presidency.
In a release issued by the Presidency Communications Office, President John Dramani Mahama had earlier referred the petitions to the Chief Justice in line with constitutional and statutory requirements.
The statement said the President received seven petitions from various individuals and groups calling for the removal of the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission and her Deputies, as well as three petitions seeking the removal of the Special Prosecutor.
“Following the receipt of seven (7) petitions from various individuals and groups for the removal of the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission and her Deputies and three (3) petitions for the removal of the Special Prosecutor, President John Dramani Mahama, in accordance with Article 146 of the 1992 Constitution and Section 15 of the Office of the Special Prosecutor Act, 2017 (Act 959), referred same to His Lordship, Justice Paul Baffoe-Bonnie, Chief Justice, on 25th November 2025, to determine whether the petitions disclose a prima facie case,” the statement noted.
It added that in a letter dated January 26, 2026, Chief Justice Paul Baffoe-Bonnie informed the President that no prima facie case had been established.
“By a letter dated 26th January 2026, the Chief Justice informed His Excellency the President that no prima facie case has been established by the petitions to warrant any further investigations for the removal of the Electoral Commission Deputy Commissioners and the Special Prosecutor,” the statement said


![Project Finance: Ghana’s Untapped Key to Infrastructure Development [ARTICLE]](https://sikamantimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/02/Eunice-Kaanye-350x250.jpeg)





