• About
  • Advertisements
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact
Thursday, February 19, 2026
The Sikaman Times
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
No Result
View All Result

NPP urges EC to resume collation of disputed parliamentary results

by Yaa Amoakowaa Obeng
December 16, 2024
NPP Presser
SharePostSendShareSend

The NPP has called on the Electoral Commission (EC) to immediately resume the collation of disputed parliamentary results in constituencies where the process was suspended last week.

Addressing a press conference on Monday at the NPP headquarters, Peter Mac Manu, former NPP Chairman and a member of the party’s electoral affairs committee, strongly condemned the NDC for allegedly obstructing the process in constituencies where they anticipate defeat.

The constituencies whose results are in contention currently are Ablekuma North, Dome Kwabenya, Tema Central, Okaikwei North, Ahafo Ano North, Ahafo Ano South West, Obuasi East, Techiman South, and Nsawam Adoagyiri.

Mr. Mac Manu accused the NDC followers of using intimidation to force EC officials at the disputed constituencies to declare the results in their favour when collation has not been completed, describing the opposition party’s actions as an exercise in futility.

“It is pretty obvious that the NDC leadership and supporters who stormed the collation centres to compel the EC under the threat of death to declare their candidates as winners have laboured in vain because we are a country of rule of law, not rule of men,” he said.

“How does the NDC expect the EC to gazette an election result which has not been fully collated and declared?” Mac Manu questioned.

Mac Manu highlighted that the continuation of disrupted collation is not unprecedented in Ghana’s electoral history. He cited the 2024 elections, where a redeclaration of results for the Pru constituency, initially declared for the NPP, was later reversed in favour of the NDC following a recount.

He further referenced a statement from the EC’s Deputy Chair, Mr. Samuel Tettey, made on Friday, December 13, which stated that collation in the disputed constituencies remained incomplete and therefore any declaration was illegal.

“The Commission has maintained that all purported declarations of parliamentary results made under duress, as was seen in those constituencies, were not in conformity with the laid-down processes enshrined in CI 127. Hence, they are illegal and will not be upheld by the EC,” Mac Manu stated.

The NPP called on the EC to expedite the resumption of collation and urged the National Election Security Taskforce to provide the necessary security to ensure a peaceful environment for the process.

“We implore the national election security task force to provide adequate security to facilitate peaceful collation under a serene environment,” Mac Manu said, adding a plea to the NDC leadership to restrain their supporters.

The NPP expressed confidence in the integrity of its results, stating that “We are very certain that our parliamentary candidates in the above-mentioned constituencies won the elections based on verifiable data from the pink sheets, as we have demonstrated.”

The collation exercise, which was being conducted at various collation centres in the disputed constituencies, was moved to the National Police Training School at Tesano in Accra following heightened security concerns.

*****
Never miss out on the news. Get your valuable breaking news and other vital content by following The Sikaman Times on WhatsApp Channel

*****

Advertisement Advertisement
Tags: Electoral CommissionFeaturedNPPParliamentary results collation
ShareTweetSendShareSend
Previous Post

National Service Authority denies allegations of ghost names and payroll inflation

Next Post

Election security failures contributed to NPP’s loss of key seats – Justin Frimpong Kodua

Related Posts

GAF airlifts injured Ghanaian traders home after Burkina Faso attack
General

GAF airlifts injured Ghanaian traders home after Burkina Faso attack

February 18, 2026
Sam George: 7 August action will protect Ghanaians from DStv monopoly
General

Explicit video case: Gov’t confirms Russian identity, engages INTERPOL

February 18, 2026
CJ dismisses petitions to remove EC Chair, deputies and Special Prosecutor
General

CJ dismisses petitions to remove EC Chair, deputies and Special Prosecutor

February 18, 2026
Dr. Cassiel Ato Forson
Business

Government settles GH¢10bn DDEP interest

February 18, 2026
Project Finance: Ghana’s Untapped Key to Infrastructure Development [ARTICLE]
Business

Project Finance: Ghana’s Untapped Key to Infrastructure Development [ARTICLE]

February 17, 2026
U.S. Embassy opens 1,000+ visa interview slots for next week
General

U.S. Embassy opens 1,000+ visa interview slots for next week

February 17, 2026
Next Post
NPP Press Conference

Election security failures contributed to NPP’s loss of key seats - Justin Frimpong Kodua

  • Project Finance: Ghana’s Untapped Key to Infrastructure Development [ARTICLE]

    Project Finance: Ghana’s Untapped Key to Infrastructure Development [ARTICLE]

    3 shares
    Share 1 Tweet 1
  • Government settles GH¢10bn DDEP interest

    1 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ramadan 2026 to begin February 18, National Chief Imam’s office announces

    5 shares
    Share 2 Tweet 1
  • GAF airlifts injured Ghanaian traders home after Burkina Faso attack

    1 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CJ dismisses petitions to remove EC Chair, deputies and Special Prosecutor

    1 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Sikaman Times

We bring you the best Premium WordPress Themes that perfect for news, magazine, personal blog, etc. Check our landing page for details.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Africa
  • Ahafo
  • Art & Entertainment
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Ashanti
  • Aviation
  • Banking & Finance
  • Bono East
  • Brong Ahafo
  • Business
  • Business
  • Central
  • Communication
  • Culture
  • Eastern
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entrepreneurship & Local Business
  • Exclude
  • Features
  • General
  • Ghana
  • Greater Accra
  • Health
  • Health
  • International
  • International Trade
  • Lifestyle
  • Lifestyle
  • Media
  • National
  • News
  • North East
  • Northern
  • Oil & Gas
  • Oti
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Real Estate
  • Regional
  • Relationship
  • Relationship
  • Religion
  • Savannah
  • Social
  • Social
  • Sports
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Trade
  • Transportation
  • Uncategorized
  • Upper East
  • Upper West
  • Volta
  • Western

Recent News

GAF airlifts injured Ghanaian traders home after Burkina Faso attack

GAF airlifts injured Ghanaian traders home after Burkina Faso attack

February 18, 2026
Sam George: 7 August action will protect Ghanaians from DStv monopoly

Explicit video case: Gov’t confirms Russian identity, engages INTERPOL

February 18, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

QUICK LINKS

About

Privacy Policy

Terms Of Use

Advertisement

Contact

FOCUS

Ghana

Africa

International

CATEGORIES

General News

Business

Opinions

Politics

Technology

EXTRAS

Sports

Entertainment

Health & Wellness

STAY CONNECTED

Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Linkedin

© COPYRIGHT 2022-2026
The Sikaman Times