• About
  • Advertisements
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Sikaman Times
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
No Result
View All Result

Alleged kidnapping of Presec-Legon student was staged; six arrested – Police

by The Sikaman Times
April 5, 2024
Alleged kidnapping of Presec-Legon student was staged; six arrested  – Police
SharePostSendShareSend

It has emerged that last week’s reported incident of the kidnapping of a student at Presbyterian Boys SHS was arranged.

In a statement on April 5, 2024, the Ghana Police revealed that the alleged victim (name withheld by the police) conspired with other students and some individuals to demand some GHC 340,000 from the parents of the former under the guise of abduction.

According to earlier media reports, the alleged kidnappers demanded a ransom of GHC 340,000 (which was quoted as Naira 3,400,000).

The parents of the alleged abductee told the abducters that they could only afford GHC 20,000, which the kidnappers rejected.

After fruitless attempts to sight their ward, the parents of the alleged kinappers reported the matter to the police.

However, according to the police, the staged incident was for the purpose of obtaining the said funds from the parents of the alleged student victim in order to facilitate the exodus of the student victim abroad.

“Preliminiary investigations revealed that one of the juveniles, in an attempt to extort money from his parents to travel abroad, conspired with the others to stage the kinapping incident,” the police statement partly read.

The statement further revealed that although the kidnappers demanded GHC 340,000, the parents successfully advanced GHC 20,000 to them.

The police stated that it has arrested six people, comprising four students from the school and two adults who are assisting in further investigations.

“In line with best practice, the identification of the juvenile has been withheld, and the parents and guardians have been duly informed,” the statement concluded.

*****
Never miss out on the news. Get your valuable breaking news and other vital content by following The Sikaman Times on WhatsApp Channel

*****

Advertisement Advertisement
Tags: FeaturedGhana Police ServiceKidnappingPRESEC
Share1Tweet1SendShareSend
Previous Post

IES predicts surges in fuel prices in April

Next Post

Govt increases farmgate price of cocoa; now GHC 33,120/tonne

Related Posts

Adamus Resources gets gov’t reprieve as six-member team is formed to revive mine
Business

Adamus Resources gets gov’t reprieve as six-member team is formed to revive mine

August 22, 2026
“The measure of leadership is not how many depend on you” — Dr. Ellen Hagan challenges leaders at Gold Coast Leadership Conversation 2.0
Exclude

“The measure of leadership is not how many depend on you” — Dr. Ellen Hagan challenges leaders at Gold Coast Leadership Conversation 2.0

August 22, 2026
CLOGSAG Executive Secretary Isaac Bampoe Addo dies at 59
Business

CLOGSAG Executive Secretary Isaac Bampoe Addo dies at 59

August 22, 2026
Mahama nominates three to Supreme Court, bench set to increase to 21
General

Supreme Court rejects Oppong Nkrumah bid to halt legal-vacation trials

August 21, 2026
Cocoa Marketing Company to introduce 24-hour programme to boost cocoa export efficiency
Business

Cocoa Marketing Company to introduce 24-hour programme to boost cocoa export efficiency

August 21, 2026
Mineworkers demand immediate release of over GH¢380m in locked-up funds
Business

Mineworkers demand immediate release of over GH¢380m in locked-up funds

August 20, 2026
Next Post
COCOBOD rolls out debt exchange programme for cocoa bills

Govt increases farmgate price of cocoa; now GHC 33,120/tonne

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • U.S. strike seizes Venezuela’s Maduro, sparks global outcry

    U.S. strike seizes Venezuela’s Maduro, sparks global outcry

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • Police investigate journalist assault at EOCO during Wontumi arrest

    41 shares
    Share 16 Tweet 10
  • CLOGSAG orders members to stay home from March 9

    3 shares
    Share 1 Tweet 1
  • “The measure of leadership is not how many depend on you” — Dr. Ellen Hagan challenges leaders at Gold Coast Leadership Conversation 2.0

    2 shares
    Share 1 Tweet 1
  • CLOGSAG Executive Secretary Isaac Bampoe Addo dies at 59

    1 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Browse by Category

  • Africa
  • Ahafo
  • Art & Entertainment
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Ashanti
  • Aviation
  • Banking & Finance
  • Bono East
  • Brong Ahafo
  • Business
  • Business
  • Central
  • Communication
  • Culture
  • Eastern
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entrepreneurship & Local Business
  • Exclude
  • Features
  • General
  • Ghana
  • Greater Accra
  • Health
  • Health
  • International
  • International Trade
  • Lifestyle
  • Lifestyle
  • Media
  • National
  • News
  • North East
  • Northern
  • Oil & Gas
  • Oti
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Real Estate
  • Regional
  • Relationship
  • Relationship
  • Religion
  • Savannah
  • Social
  • Social
  • Sports
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Tourism & Hospitality
  • Trade
  • Transportation
  • Uncategorized
  • Upper East
  • Upper West
  • Volta
  • Western
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

QUICK LINKS

About

Privacy Policy

Terms Of Use

Advertisement

Contact

FOCUS

Ghana

Africa

International

CATEGORIES

General News

Business

Opinions

Politics

Technology

EXTRAS

Sports

Entertainment

Health & Wellness

STAY CONNECTED

Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Linkedin

© COPYRIGHT 2022-2026
The Sikaman Times