The Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP) has strongly condemned alleged acts of digital sexual exploitation involving a foreign national and Ghanaian women, describing the reported conduct as a serious criminal offence and a violation of fundamental rights.
In a statement issued on February 14, 2026, the Ministry said it had taken note of reports that the individual allegedly engaged in sexual activities with some Ghanaian women, recorded the acts and circulated the content without their consent.
“The non-consensual recording and distribution of intimate images is a criminal offence and a clear violation of dignity and privacy,” the Ministry stated, underscoring the gravity of the matter.
Although preliminary information suggests that the suspect may not currently be within Ghana’s jurisdiction, the Ministry stressed that this does not lessen the State’s responsibility to act. “This, however, does not reduce the seriousness of the alleged conduct or the State’s responsibility to pursue accountability,” the statement said.
The Ministry revealed that prior to the emergence of the reports, it had already been collaborating with the Ministry of Communication and Digital Innovations and relevant agencies on strategies to prevent and respond to image-based sexual abuse. These efforts include digital safety interventions, engagement with online platforms, and mechanisms for reporting and takedown of abusive content.
It added that these measures “are now being applied to this matter by the relevant authorities.”
The Ministry further disclosed that it is working closely with the Ghana Police Service, other security institutions and international partners to explore all lawful avenues available, including cross-border cooperation and mutual legal assistance.
Support services, including psychosocial care and legal assistance, are being coordinated through confidential channels to protect the privacy and well-being of affected persons. The Ministry also urged the public to exercise caution in their interactions both online and offline.
Reaffirming its commitment, the Ministry pledged to protect “the rights, safety, and dignity of all persons” and ensure that jurisdictional limits do not prevent appropriate action.










