• About
  • Advertisements
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact
Monday, February 16, 2026
The Sikaman Times
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
No Result
View All Result

NPP elections: National Council rejects petition to centralise super conference

by The Sikaman Times
July 21, 2023
NPP elections: National Council rejects petition to centralise super conference

National Chairman of the NPP, Stephen Ayesu Ntim

SharePostSendShareSend

The National Council of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) has dismissed a petition by nine aspirants proposing that the party’s August 26 election be centralized.

The nine flagbearer hopefuls, excluding Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, argued that a centralized election would be more efficient and transparent.

They insisted that plans to allow only 900 delegates to vote at the regional level did not sit well with them.

However, the National Council, at a crunch meeting on Thursday, July 20, 2023, rejected the petition resolving to implement what is in the party’s constitution. Addressing journalists, General Secretary of the NPP, Justin Koduah, said the party will go ahead with its planned decentralized election.

On August 26th, the NPP will cut down the list of its presidential aspirants from 10 to five, as stipulated in its constitution.

The party says a new register will be needed since some of the delegates have passed.

Justin Koduah had earlier assured that the new register would be out by the end of the week.

“We are in the final stage of doing the compilation. Basically, we are not going to exceed 1000, so between 900 and 1000 delegates will form the special electoral college.” “Some of the founding members have died, so we have to take their names out. We also have to look at past national officers. I am sure before the week ends we should have the final list for the special delegates’ election,” he stated.

Bawumia’s spokesperson backs his boss.

Meanwhile, Miracles Dennis Aboagye, a spokesperson for Dr. Bawumia, has clarified that his boss was not against the petition by the remaining nine flagbearer hopefuls.

Speaking in an interview with Umaru Sanda Amadu on Eyewitness News on Citi FM in Accra on Thursday, Mr. Aboagye said the Vice President was indifferent and would respect any decision of the party’s National Council.

“The Vice President’s position is to accede to whatever guidelines and decisions that the National Council will come up with. The Vice President is indifferent,” he stated.

Source: CitiNewsRoom

Advertisement Advertisement
Tags: FeaturedNPPNPP Elections
ShareTweetSendShareSend
Previous Post

Suspended WASS headmistress: NAGRAT demands immediate reinstatement

Next Post

2 housekeepers of Sanitation Minister, Cecilia Dapaah charged for stealing millions

Related Posts

Russian Embassy: We have “taken note” of viral explicit videos
General

Russian Embassy: We have “taken note” of viral explicit videos

February 16, 2026
InovTech STEM Center students take center stage at launch of Ghana’s first robotic dining experience
Communication

InovTech STEM Center students take center stage at launch of Ghana’s first robotic dining experience

February 16, 2026
Veteran journalist, Radio Univers icon Dr. Abubakari Sidick Ahmed dies at 63
Arts & Entertainment

Veteran journalist, Radio Univers icon Dr. Abubakari Sidick Ahmed dies at 63

February 16, 2026
SEC flags “Mekanism” as illegal and fraudulent investment scheme
Banking & Finance

SEC flags “Mekanism” as illegal and fraudulent investment scheme

February 16, 2026
Six-week gun amnesty declared to combat illicit arms
General

Curfew lifted in Nalerigu township following improved security situation

February 16, 2026
National Communications Authority - NCA
General

NCA tightens service standards for telcos, reduces call drop rate to below 1%

February 16, 2026
Next Post
2 housekeepers of Sanitation Minister, Cecilia Dapaah charged for stealing millions

2 housekeepers of Sanitation Minister, Cecilia Dapaah charged for stealing millions

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Veteran journalist, Radio Univers icon Dr. Abubakari Sidick Ahmed dies at 63

    Veteran journalist, Radio Univers icon Dr. Abubakari Sidick Ahmed dies at 63

    2 shares
    Share 1 Tweet 1
  • Enterprise Insurance, MoMAG renew MOU to spur financial inclusion and insurance access

    9 shares
    Share 4 Tweet 2
  • Gender Ministry engages police, international partners over viral sex abuse videos

    1 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • SEC flags “Mekanism” as illegal and fraudulent investment scheme

    1 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NCA tightens service standards for telcos, reduces call drop rate to below 1%

    1 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Sikaman Times

We bring you the best Premium WordPress Themes that perfect for news, magazine, personal blog, etc. Check our landing page for details.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Africa
  • Ahafo
  • Art & Entertainment
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Ashanti
  • Aviation
  • Banking & Finance
  • Bono East
  • Brong Ahafo
  • Business
  • Business
  • Central
  • Communication
  • Culture
  • Eastern
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entrepreneurship & Local Business
  • Exclude
  • Features
  • General
  • Ghana
  • Greater Accra
  • Health
  • Health
  • International
  • International Trade
  • Lifestyle
  • Lifestyle
  • Media
  • National
  • News
  • North East
  • Northern
  • Oil & Gas
  • Oti
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Real Estate
  • Regional
  • Relationship
  • Relationship
  • Religion
  • Savannah
  • Social
  • Social
  • Sports
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Trade
  • Transportation
  • Uncategorized
  • Upper East
  • Upper West
  • Volta
  • Western

Recent News

Russian Embassy: We have “taken note” of viral explicit videos

Russian Embassy: We have “taken note” of viral explicit videos

February 16, 2026
InovTech STEM Center students take center stage at launch of Ghana’s first robotic dining experience

InovTech STEM Center students take center stage at launch of Ghana’s first robotic dining experience

February 16, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

QUICK LINKS

About

Privacy Policy

Terms Of Use

Advertisement

Contact

FOCUS

Ghana

Africa

International

CATEGORIES

General News

Business

Opinions

Politics

Technology

EXTRAS

Sports

Entertainment

Health & Wellness

STAY CONNECTED

Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Linkedin

© COPYRIGHT 2022-2026
The Sikaman Times