The Ghana Education Service (GES) has confirmed an alleged sexual assault involving a student of Bolgatanga Girls Senior High School, reportedly perpetrated by two watchmen at the school.
In a statement dated August 20, 2026, the GES said it had received a “disturbing report” concerning the alleged incident and had initiated measures to ensure the matter is thoroughly investigated.
According to preliminary information cited by the Service, the student is a special-needs student who is on medication. The alleged incident reportedly occurred after the student suffered a relapse and required medical attention.
The two watchmen have since been arrested and handed over to the Ghana Police Service for further investigations.
The GES also said the two suspects had been interdicted by school management with immediate effect.
“Thorough investigations into the matter are currently ongoing,” the Service said, adding that any sanctions would be applied in accordance with the GES Code of Conduct and the laws of Ghana, depending on the outcome of the investigations.
The Service has also warned its staff against conduct that could compromise the safety, dignity and wellbeing of students.
“Management cautions all staff of the Service to uphold the highest standards of professionalism and to protect the safety, dignity and wellbeing of every student,” the statement said.
The GES further stressed that it would not tolerate any conduct that compromises the safety and wellbeing of students and assured parents, guardians and the public that the matter was being treated with the seriousness it deserved.








