• About
  • Advertisements
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
The Sikaman Times
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
No Result
View All Result

Universities Senior Staff Association Resume Work

by The Sikaman Times
July 27, 2022
Universities Senior Staff Association Resume Work
SharePostSendShareSend

More than The University Executives of the Senior Staff Association of Universities of Ghana (SSA-UoG) and the Federation of Universities Senior Staff Associations (FUSSAG) have announced a suspension of their strike effective immediately, directing all members to resume work effective July 27, 2022.

In a release dated July 26, 2022, the executive disclosed that following a Memorandum of Agreement between the Minister of Education and Labour Relations and the National Executive Council of the Associations, the parties have resolved to chart “a roadmap that serves as a guide to ensure fairness in a speedy resolution of all the impasses between both parties.”

“We will continue to engage faithfully with the government and other relevant stakeholders in our pursuit of justice, fairness, and equity in the salaries and allowances of senior staff,” the statement continued.

On July 13th, the associations embarked on a strike to press home demands including the 20% cost of living allowance (COLA), regularization of members who have worked for a long time but have not been made permanent and credit on interest accrued on members’ Tier 2 contributions.

Despite the fact that the government had agreed with organized labor on a 15% COLA, the SSA-UoG and FUSSAG had stressed that their demands went beyond the COLA.

The Chief Executive Officer of the Fair Wages and Salaries Commission (FWSC), Ing. Benjamin Arthur, had also told the press that the association’s strike did not follow due process, adding that attempts to invite them for a negotiation had been futile.

Students Association of Ghana (USAG) has resisted the 15% increment in public universities’ fees for the 2022-2023 academic year.

In a statement released by USAG on December 20, 2022, it disclosed that the hike in school fees will make access to education difficult.

The association has expressed its worry over students not being able to prepare adequately for the payment of fees because of the short notice regarding the school fees served; thus, it sees the new fee increment as an error.

“Our biggest concern with this release is how short the notice on the payment has come and how difficult it will be for most of our students to continue their education.”

The association also argued that Parliament ought to be the final determinant of any adjustment in fees, not the various managements of public universities.

“The procedure for approval of public university fees is very clear, and this approval does not stop at management or at university councils. Our universities are supposed to send their proposed fees to Parliament through the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission and the Ministry of Finance. Subject to the passing of the recent Fees and Charges Act, 2022, the final approving authority is not the university management but Parliament.”

USAG further stated that it is not satisfied with the release of the new fees for the next academic year at some universities with high percentages.

Parliament recently approved a maximum 15% increase in university fees from the previous academic year.

15.7 million Ghanaians currently possess their Ghana cards, the Executive Secretary of the National Identification Authority (NIA), Professor Kenneth Agyemang Attafuah, has told Accra-based Citi FM.

His explanations come on the back of some sections of Ghanaians who have complained of not receiving their Ghana Cards several months after registering.

Also, following an earlier denial by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia recently asserted that the card has completely complied with the conditions for an E-passport.

But, according to Prof. Attafuah’s research, as of today, about 16,535,623 Ghana Cards have been printed for the 16,969,034 people who have registered for them.

Prof. Attafuah stated that there have been around 15,702,719 cards issued, while there have been about 808,493 printed but unissued cards, and gave several explanations for this.

He disclosed that “there are people who have double-registered.That is potentially a criminal offence. Those ones are being individually investigated. There are those whose cards have gone into adjudication, not because of double registration but because they have sought to change their vital data in the custody of the authorities, such as bio-data. For such people, the system arrests their application and it joins a queue.”

He revealed further that those with system arrests will only be issued to the holders after they have been rectified.

Advertisement Advertisement
Share1Tweet1SendShareSend
Previous Post

2022 Mid-Year Budget Review: Government to Terminate NABCO Effective September 1

Next Post

BOG Clarifies Alleged Printing Of GHC 22.04billion To Support Budget

Related Posts

Wontumi’s bail bid put off to October 15 as judge stays away
General

Wontumi’s bail bid put off to October 15 as judge stays away

August 19, 2026
Dr. Johnson P Asiama-2
Banking & Finance

BoG tightens monetary policy framework with new voting, FX and inflation tools

August 19, 2026
2026 Budget: COVID-19 levy repealed, VAT threshold raised
General

Government pays GH¢10.8bn DDEP coupon in full

August 19, 2026
Over 50 NPP constituency chairpersons pick nomination forms for Boakye Agyarko
General

Over 50 NPP constituency chairpersons pick nomination forms for Boakye Agyarko

August 19, 2026
Minority accuses gov’t of double standards on anti-LGBTI law
General

Afenyo-Markin: GoldBod cannot hide reported losses behind BoG accounts

August 18, 2026
Minority demands probe into controversial GH¢22bn GoldBod-linked losses
General

Minority demands probe into controversial GH¢22bn GoldBod-linked losses

August 18, 2026
Next Post
BOG Clarifies Alleged Printing Of GHC 22.04billion To Support Budget

BOG Clarifies Alleged Printing Of GHC 22.04billion To Support Budget

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Police investigate journalist assault at EOCO during Wontumi arrest

    Police investigate journalist assault at EOCO during Wontumi arrest

    38 shares
    Share 15 Tweet 10
  • Menzgold: 60% of customers ineligible for payment after validation

    24 shares
    Share 10 Tweet 6
  • We’re not negotiating; we’re executing the court’s explicit order – Nduom

    14 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • Minority demands probe into controversial GH¢22bn GoldBod-linked losses

    1 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Afenyo-Markin: GoldBod cannot hide reported losses behind BoG accounts

    1 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Browse by Category

  • Africa
  • Ahafo
  • Art & Entertainment
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Ashanti
  • Aviation
  • Banking & Finance
  • Bono East
  • Brong Ahafo
  • Business
  • Business
  • Central
  • Communication
  • Culture
  • Eastern
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entrepreneurship & Local Business
  • Exclude
  • Features
  • General
  • Ghana
  • Greater Accra
  • Health
  • Health
  • International
  • International Trade
  • Lifestyle
  • Lifestyle
  • Media
  • National
  • News
  • North East
  • Northern
  • Oil & Gas
  • Oti
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Real Estate
  • Regional
  • Relationship
  • Relationship
  • Religion
  • Savannah
  • Social
  • Social
  • Sports
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Tourism & Hospitality
  • Trade
  • Transportation
  • Uncategorized
  • Upper East
  • Upper West
  • Volta
  • Western
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

QUICK LINKS

About

Privacy Policy

Terms Of Use

Advertisement

Contact

FOCUS

Ghana

Africa

International

CATEGORIES

General News

Business

Opinions

Politics

Technology

EXTRAS

Sports

Entertainment

Health & Wellness

STAY CONNECTED

Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Linkedin

© COPYRIGHT 2022-2026
The Sikaman Times