• About
  • Advertisements
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
The Sikaman Times
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
No Result
View All Result

EOCO confirms two investigations involving Springfield Energy, but dismisses arrest claims

by The Sikaman Times
November 3, 2025
EOCO confirms two investigations involving Springfield Energy, but dismisses arrest claims

Kevin Okyere, CEO of Springfield Group

SharePostSendShareSend

The Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) has confirmed that it is conducting two separate investigations involving Springfield Energy, even as it dismissed reports alleging the arrest of the company’s Chief Executive Officer, Kevin Okyere, in Dubai.

In a statement issued on Saturday, 2nd November 2025, EOCO said the online news outlet NorvanReport had falsely claimed that Mr Okyere was arrested or detained in connection with a petition before the Office. EOCO described the publication as “false and misleading,” clarifying that no arrest had been made.

According to the anti-graft agency, two ongoing investigations are currently before its officers. “The first is a petition against Springfield Energy, and the second is an explosive case between BOST and Springfield Energy,” the statement explained.

EOCO emphasised that the case involving the Bulk Oil Storage and Transportation Company Limited (BOST) and Springfield Energy is of particular priority due to its potential impact on the state company’s finances and the broader economy.

“It is the policy directive of the leadership of EOCO that investigations must precede arrest and not the reverse,” the Office stated, underlining its commitment to due process.

EOCO also expressed disappointment that NorvanReport failed to seek clarification before publishing the story. “Though EOCO does not comment on active investigations, it is regrettable that NorvanReport did not seek clarification from EOCO before running the false story,” it said.

Reaffirming its mandate, the Office assured the public that it remains dedicated to investigating and prosecuting economic and organised crimes in Ghana without fear or favour.

“EOCO is actively working on not one, but two investigations involving Springfield Energy,” the statement concluded, urging the public to disregard the arrest claims and await verified information through official channels.

Advertisement Advertisement
Tags: Featured
Share1Tweet1SendShareSend
Previous Post

EOCO refutes report on alleged arrest of Springfield Energy CEO

Next Post

2 NDC MPs implicated as mob clashes with NAIMOS in Ahafo

Related Posts

New VAT regime takes hold as GRA implements Act 1151
Business

GRA to introduce pension-linked tax system for informal sector businesses

August 19, 2026
Gender, policy and fiscal reforms take center stage at 4th SWIT conference in Accra
Business

Gender, policy and fiscal reforms take center stage at 4th SWIT conference in Accra

August 19, 2026
Sammy Gyamfi challenges Afenyo-Markin to produce evidence of $1.7bn loss
Business

Sammy Gyamfi dares Minority to summon him to Parliament over loss claims

August 19, 2026
Sammy Gyamfi: Outrage as Ag. GOLDBOD CEO apologises for dollar handout to controversial evangelist
Business

GoldBod fees too small to explain $1.7bn loss – Sammy Gyamfi

August 19, 2026
Sammy Gyamfi challenges Afenyo-Markin to produce evidence of $1.7bn loss
Business

Sammy Gyamfi challenges Afenyo-Markin to produce evidence of $1.7bn loss

August 19, 2026
Wontumi’s bail bid put off to October 15 as judge stays away
General

Wontumi’s bail bid put off to October 15 as judge stays away

August 19, 2026
Next Post
2 NDC MPs implicated as mob clashes with NAIMOS in Ahafo

2 NDC MPs implicated as mob clashes with NAIMOS in Ahafo

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Menzgold: 60% of customers ineligible for payment after validation

    Menzgold: 60% of customers ineligible for payment after validation

    25 shares
    Share 10 Tweet 6
  • We’re not negotiating; we’re executing the court’s explicit order – Nduom

    15 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • Government pays GH¢10.8bn DDEP coupon in full

    2 shares
    Share 1 Tweet 1
  • GRA eyes GH¢310 billion revenue by 2028 through informal sector reform

    2 shares
    Share 1 Tweet 1
  • Police investigate journalist assault at EOCO during Wontumi arrest

    38 shares
    Share 15 Tweet 10

Browse by Category

  • Africa
  • Ahafo
  • Art & Entertainment
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Ashanti
  • Aviation
  • Banking & Finance
  • Bono East
  • Brong Ahafo
  • Business
  • Business
  • Central
  • Communication
  • Culture
  • Eastern
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entrepreneurship & Local Business
  • Exclude
  • Features
  • General
  • Ghana
  • Greater Accra
  • Health
  • Health
  • International
  • International Trade
  • Lifestyle
  • Lifestyle
  • Media
  • National
  • News
  • North East
  • Northern
  • Oil & Gas
  • Oti
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Real Estate
  • Regional
  • Relationship
  • Relationship
  • Religion
  • Savannah
  • Social
  • Social
  • Sports
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Tourism & Hospitality
  • Trade
  • Transportation
  • Uncategorized
  • Upper East
  • Upper West
  • Volta
  • Western
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

QUICK LINKS

About

Privacy Policy

Terms Of Use

Advertisement

Contact

FOCUS

Ghana

Africa

International

CATEGORIES

General News

Business

Opinions

Politics

Technology

EXTRAS

Sports

Entertainment

Health & Wellness

STAY CONNECTED

Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Linkedin

© COPYRIGHT 2022-2026
The Sikaman Times