Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Gold Board (GoldBod), Sammy Gyamfi, has challenged Minority Leader Alexander Afenyo-Markin to invite him before Parliament to substantiate claims that GoldBod was responsible for losses recorded under the Domestic Gold Purchase Programme (DGPP).
Mr Gyamfi said he was ready to appear before the Public Accounts Committee or any other parliamentary forum to answer questions about GoldBod’s finances and its role in the programme.
Speaking at a press briefing in Accra on Wednesday, August 19, 2026, as part of the Government Accountability Series, the GoldBod CEO questioned why the Minority Leader continued to hold press conferences on the matter instead of using parliamentary mechanisms to summon him.
“I’m waiting with bated breath for Afenyo-Markin’s invitation. I don’t know why he’s delaying and holding press conferences when, as Minority Leader, he can get the Public Accounts Committee to summon me tomorrow or today, and I will appear,” Mr Gyamfi declared.
He said he had already contacted Majority Leader James Agalga to facilitate an invitation should Mr Afenyo-Markin continue to delay.
Mr Gyamfi said he had nothing to hide and was prepared to provide answers on GoldBod’s operations, its finances and its involvement in the DGPP.
He accused the Minority Leader of choosing the media rather than Parliament to raise concerns about GoldBod’s activities.
About Us
© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times
© COPYRIGHT 2022-2026
The Sikaman Times