• About
  • Advertisements
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
The Sikaman Times
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
No Result
View All Result

Communications Ministry denies claims of misuse of public funds

by The Sikaman Times
May 19, 2026
Sam George: 7 August action will protect Ghanaians from DStv monopoly
SharePostSendShareSend

The Ministry of Communication, Digital Technology and Innovations (MOCDTI) has dismissed allegations circulating on social media that the sector minister, Samuel Nartey George, has “blown” public funds, describing the claims as misleading and taken out of context.

In an official statement issued to media houses, the Ministry said it had taken notice of a document being widely shared online and clarified that the document in question was merely part of a broader administrative process seeking approval for planned government expenditure.

According to the Ministry, the circulated document was “an extract from a broader official submission seeking Commitment Authorisation from the Ministry of Finance, in line with established public financial management and procurement procedures, and based on budgetary allocations duly approved by Parliament for the 2026 fiscal year.”

The statement explained that the request covered several intended projects, operational activities, and programme interventions expected to be undertaken by the Ministry during the year under review.

The Ministry stressed that the process was still incomplete and that no money had yet been released or spent.

“It is important to emphasise that the said Commitment Authorisation request is yet to receive approval from the Ministry of Finance. Consequently, no funds have been released, disbursed or expended in relation to the items referenced in the circulating document,” the statement said.

The clarification comes amid heightened public scrutiny over government spending and increasing social media commentary surrounding public sector procurement and budget allocations.

MOCDTI further rejected assertions that the Minister had already squandered public resources, insisting that the narrative being circulated online distorted the facts surrounding the document.

“The Ministry therefore describes the claims suggesting that public funds have already been squandered as inaccurate, misleading and devoid of context and must be treated with the contempt it deserves,” the statement added.

The Ministry also reaffirmed its commitment to accountability and compliance with Ghana’s public financial management laws in the discharge of its mandate.

“The Ministry remains committed to transparency, accountability and strict adherence to all public financial management regulations in the execution of its mandate,” the statement signed by the Ministry’s Public Relations Directorate concluded.

Advertisement Advertisement
Tags: Featured
ShareTweetSendShareSend
Previous Post

Gov’t tightens public health measures after Ebola resurfaces in Africa

Next Post

Middle East conflict could threaten inflation gains – Dr. Asiama

Related Posts

Middle East conflict could threaten inflation gains – Dr. Asiama
Banking & Finance

Middle East conflict could threaten inflation gains – Dr. Asiama

May 19, 2026
Gov’t tightens public health measures after Ebola resurfaces in Africa
General

Gov’t tightens public health measures after Ebola resurfaces in Africa

May 19, 2026
Gov’t extends fuel subsidy but reduces diesel support to GHS1.07/l
Business

Gov’t extends fuel subsidy but reduces diesel support to GHS1.07/l

May 16, 2026
Food and fuel drive March inflation to 25.8% from 23.2%
Business

NPA revises fuel price floors upward for second May pricing window

May 15, 2026
New compliance handbook launched to strengthen Ghana’s non-profit sector
General

New compliance handbook launched to strengthen Ghana’s non-profit sector

May 15, 2026
2026 Africa Non-Profit Summit urges stronger compliance, collaboration and cross-sector trust
General

2026 Africa Non-Profit Summit urges stronger compliance, collaboration and cross-sector trust

May 15, 2026
Next Post
Middle East conflict could threaten inflation gains – Dr. Asiama

Middle East conflict could threaten inflation gains - Dr. Asiama

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Sam George: 7 August action will protect Ghanaians from DStv monopoly

    Communications Ministry denies claims of misuse of public funds

    1 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Middle East conflict could threaten inflation gains – Dr. Asiama

    1 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No Bed Syndrome in Ghana’s Hospitals Is More a Data Problem Than a Space Problem

    12 shares
    Share 5 Tweet 3
  • Gov’t tightens public health measures after Ebola resurfaces in Africa

    1 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ghana tightens border surveillance over hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    2 shares
    Share 1 Tweet 1

Browse by Category

  • Africa
  • Ahafo
  • Art & Entertainment
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Ashanti
  • Aviation
  • Banking & Finance
  • Bono East
  • Brong Ahafo
  • Business
  • Business
  • Central
  • Communication
  • Culture
  • Eastern
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entrepreneurship & Local Business
  • Exclude
  • Features
  • General
  • Ghana
  • Greater Accra
  • Health
  • Health
  • International
  • International Trade
  • Lifestyle
  • Lifestyle
  • Media
  • National
  • News
  • North East
  • Northern
  • Oil & Gas
  • Oti
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Real Estate
  • Regional
  • Relationship
  • Relationship
  • Religion
  • Savannah
  • Social
  • Social
  • Sports
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Tourism & Hospitality
  • Trade
  • Transportation
  • Uncategorized
  • Upper East
  • Upper West
  • Volta
  • Western
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

QUICK LINKS

About

Privacy Policy

Terms Of Use

Advertisement

Contact

FOCUS

Ghana

Africa

International

CATEGORIES

General News

Business

Opinions

Politics

Technology

EXTRAS

Sports

Entertainment

Health & Wellness

STAY CONNECTED

Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Linkedin

© COPYRIGHT 2022-2026
The Sikaman Times