• About
  • Advertisements
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact
Thursday, August 20, 2026
The Sikaman Times
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus
No Result
View All Result
The Sikaman Times
No Result
View All Result

Attorney-General to appeal acquittal of Sedina Tamakloe

by The Sikaman Times
July 30, 2026
ECOWAS Court clears Torkornoo case to proceed, dismisses A-G’s objection
SharePostSendShareSend

The Attorney-General and Minister for Justice has announced plans to challenge the Court of Appeal’s decision acquitting former Chief Executive Officer of the Microfinance and Small Loans Centre (MASLOC), Sedina Attionu Tamakloe, of all charges brought against her.

In a press release issued on July 30, 2026, the Attorney-General’s Office said it had taken notice of the appellate court’s ruling and had directed the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) to immediately file a notice of appeal at the Supreme Court.

The Attorney-General also instructed the DPP to file an application for a stay of execution of the Court of Appeal’s judgment pending the determination of the appeal.

Sedina Tamakloe had been charged with 78 counts, including conspiracy to steal, stealing, conspiracy to cause financial loss to the state, causing financial loss to the state, causing loss to public property, improper payment of public funds, unauthorised commitments resulting in financial obligations to the government, money laundering, and breaches of the Public Procurement Act.

She was tried and convicted in absentia by the High Court (Financial Division 2), presided over by Justice Afia Serwaa Asare-Botwe, sitting as an additional High Court judge. Following her conviction, she was sentenced to 10 years’ imprisonment.

On Wednesday, the Court of Appeal unanimously overturned the conviction and sentence, acquitting and discharging the former MASLOC CEO on all charges.

According to the Attorney-General’s statement, the Republic had opposed the appeal by filing written submissions, arguing that the appeal lacked merit and should be dismissed.

Despite the appellate court’s decision, the Attorney-General said the government remains committed to pursuing the matter through the judicial process.

“The Attorney-General remains committed to the due process of law and is confident that the appeal before the Supreme Court will succeed,” the statement said.

Advertisement Advertisement
Tags: Featured
ShareTweetSendShareSend
Previous Post

Kristo Asafo founder’s funeral rites underway despite court injunction

Next Post

Ghana’s constitutional reset: What Mahama’s government wants to change

Related Posts

New VAT regime takes hold as GRA implements Act 1151
Business

GRA to introduce pension-linked tax system for informal sector businesses

August 19, 2026
Gender, policy and fiscal reforms take center stage at 4th SWIT conference in Accra
Business

Gender, policy and fiscal reforms take center stage at 4th SWIT conference in Accra

August 19, 2026
Sammy Gyamfi challenges Afenyo-Markin to produce evidence of $1.7bn loss
Business

Sammy Gyamfi dares Minority to summon him to Parliament over loss claims

August 19, 2026
Sammy Gyamfi: Outrage as Ag. GOLDBOD CEO apologises for dollar handout to controversial evangelist
Business

GoldBod fees too small to explain $1.7bn loss – Sammy Gyamfi

August 19, 2026
Sammy Gyamfi challenges Afenyo-Markin to produce evidence of $1.7bn loss
Business

Sammy Gyamfi challenges Afenyo-Markin to produce evidence of $1.7bn loss

August 19, 2026
Wontumi’s bail bid put off to October 15 as judge stays away
General

Wontumi’s bail bid put off to October 15 as judge stays away

August 19, 2026
Next Post
Ghana’s constitutional reset: What Mahama’s government wants to change

Ghana’s constitutional reset: What Mahama's government wants to change

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • We’re not negotiating; we’re executing the court’s explicit order – Nduom

    We’re not negotiating; we’re executing the court’s explicit order – Nduom

    16 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • Menzgold: 60% of customers ineligible for payment after validation

    25 shares
    Share 10 Tweet 6
  • Government pays GH¢10.8bn DDEP coupon in full

    2 shares
    Share 1 Tweet 1
  • Gov’t unveils digital e-Visa platform with free access for African passport holders

    9 shares
    Share 4 Tweet 2
  • GRA eyes GH¢310 billion revenue by 2028 through informal sector reform

    2 shares
    Share 1 Tweet 1

Browse by Category

  • Africa
  • Ahafo
  • Art & Entertainment
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Ashanti
  • Aviation
  • Banking & Finance
  • Bono East
  • Brong Ahafo
  • Business
  • Business
  • Central
  • Communication
  • Culture
  • Eastern
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entrepreneurship & Local Business
  • Exclude
  • Features
  • General
  • Ghana
  • Greater Accra
  • Health
  • Health
  • International
  • International Trade
  • Lifestyle
  • Lifestyle
  • Media
  • National
  • News
  • North East
  • Northern
  • Oil & Gas
  • Oti
  • Politics
  • Politics
  • Real Estate
  • Regional
  • Relationship
  • Relationship
  • Religion
  • Savannah
  • Social
  • Social
  • Sports
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Tourism & Hospitality
  • Trade
  • Transportation
  • Uncategorized
  • Upper East
  • Upper West
  • Volta
  • Western
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Regional
  • Features
  • Focus

About Us

© 2022- 2026 The Sikaman Times

QUICK LINKS

About

Privacy Policy

Terms Of Use

Advertisement

Contact

FOCUS

Ghana

Africa

International

CATEGORIES

General News

Business

Opinions

Politics

Technology

EXTRAS

Sports

Entertainment

Health & Wellness

STAY CONNECTED

Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Linkedin

© COPYRIGHT 2022-2026
The Sikaman Times